1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Extruder Always Jams

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Darrell, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell

Darrell Member

I have been having the same issue that was mentioned in this post:
    http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/filament-jammed-in-the-extruder.1827/

I was able to clear the first jam last night, but I gave up for the night when it clogged a second time. I have yet to be able to get all the way through a print without the nozzle clogging. The farthest I've made it before the nozzle stopped extruding was 12 layers.

Not sure if this is relevant but I've been trying to print the top mounted spool holder assembly from thingiverse.

I know I should upgrade the hobbed bolt and the hotend, but is there no way to get this set up to work? And don't you need to print the larger fan mounting bracket before you install the E3D anyway?

Also, here's the condition I found my hobbed bolt in when I opened the filament latch
    [​IMG]

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What temp are you running at?

3. Darrell

Darrell Member

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I have had to run up to 235 on some spools of ABS. That was just the sweet spot for those.
    Most are lower, but experimentation is the win.

5. Darrell

Darrell Member

I'm using the Robo3D ABS. I've gotten it work work now, I just can't get a print to finish without the upper layers warping and causing a birds nest halfway through the print.

If I set my temp to 235 repetier throws a code for an overheating error. I've had to keep it at 232 and the bed at 105.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, limitation of the stock hot end. That plastic liner is the issue with the max temp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.