1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extruder feeding issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fortune, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortune

Fortune New Member

I had a problem with my print bed a couple weeks ago and didn't get much support from Robo at all when requesting a replacement part but that was a whole different problem. After buying new bearings had them installed ran a print turned out great was going to run a new one but now I have problems with feeding. I will load a different filament manually run through the nozzle so I know it is ready to start printing. When I start to run the print it takes off and can see the motor running the extruder but nothing comes out. Last night I cleaned all the groves out that grab the filament thinking it was full. Also pulled extruder out and took nozzle off to check for it being plugged but saw nothing. When I heat the filament up to remove it after it quits this is what it looks like. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

PLA?

Add an oiler or at a minimum season the nozzle.

3. Fortune

Fortune New Member

Yes Using PLA, could you explain about adding a oiler or seasoning the nozzle...

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

3 people like this.
  5. Fortune

Fortune New Member

After taking apart nozzle and taking hotend out to make sure nothing is stuck (Multiple times) I have been looking at forums.....I checked my fans turning them on manually and the smaller fan is not running so I think that is the problem.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If the fan on the hotend fails you are almost certainly going to see clogs/jams/backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.