1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

extruder not extruding filament and leaking + Power switch stuck

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kevin Sheridan, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Kevin Sheridan

Kevin Sheridan New Member

Dear Robo 3D,

I love your printer, but I have encountered a couple of issues.

Issue #1: I successfully printed a whistle shortly after i received my printer but the next day when I attempted to print another whistle the printer stopped extruding filament in the middle of the print. I took the filament out cut it and placed it back in. now when i tried again it started extruding but sputtered off in about 45 seconds. after a few more tries and failures I noticed what appear to be large globs of filament oozing out from under the orange plastic covering the metal tip of the extruder. this seemed to never stop happening. Now when I try to manually feed filament through the extruder it wont go through at all it feels like there is something blocking it.

Issue #2: The power switch on the back is stuck in the on position. I can push it back down but it wont stay down.

Issue #3: this might not be a problem and just my idiocy, but is the fan behind the extruder supposed to come on because i have never seen it on. yet in the matter control program the fan speed is changing.

I'm sorry I know that you guys must be busy, but I cant find a way to fix it without your help.

Sincerely,
    Kevin

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer