1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extruder not working I cura and other problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Josh Johnston, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Johnston

Josh Johnston New Member

1. [​IMG]
      I read another post about setup for the robo 3d r1 in Cura. It seems to operate just fine for the most part. the auto level works now once I added gcode but when I start to print it seems to far from the bed and the stepper motor is not turning in cura so no PLA is coming out of the hot end. It also seems to be all over the tip of the hot end coming out a little for the sides this happens in matter control the only slicer that seems to work is cura in matter control it goes on the bed nice and thin and builds layers great all others don't touch the bed and the first couple of layers look like cheese wiz any help would be great.

Thanks,
      Josh

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So is filament coming out of the hotend somewhere other than the nozzle tip?

3. Josh Johnston

Josh Johnston New Member

I have a hexagon extruder and it does seem to be coming from around the edges a little from time to time but after looking closer it seems to be all over the tip but that might be from a few bad prints I had and it is just sticking to the head a little. Also I got the stepper motor working in cura. I had the temp to low, the firmware will not let it work at 195. So any one have problems filling in the top layers of their object they print. I have to do at least 6 to 7 layers for it to fill in and it is still spotty. It seems to have a real issue with bridging. In matter control the slicer engine slic3r and matter slice have bridging setting but it never prints right the first couple layers are like cheese wiz then it is smooth and uniform after about 3 to 4 laters it seems to be starting to high off the bed. When I use matter control cura engine it lays the layers very nice sticks well but bridging stinks.

Now that I have downloaded cura I have got it to work and also got the auto level to work. The problem now is that when I start printing my part the first layer seems to high of the bed. The part I'm printing has holes in it for bolts and the first few layers it seems like it is not finishing the circle for the holes all the way and when it moves it tears it a little and it affects several layers above that. Also this cura software from what I can see has no available adjustment for bridging. I have slowed down the printing speed to 50 but with no success.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try Repetier host and use Slic3r.

You are now into the software side of 3D printing and there are (as you will see) differences in each and every slicer, printing program out there. Some are better than others at certain types of things.

The initial Z height issue might just require some fiddling with the Z offset number. Don't go beyond a small test model until you get that sorted.

5. Josh Johnston

Josh Johnston New Member

Thanks for the help I will try it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.