1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved extruder stops extruding minutes after starting to print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by moelafi, Mar 29, 2017.

1. moelafi

moelafi Member

Hi guys,

my printer has been sitting there unused for about two months now, its a robo 3d r1+ and today i wanted to turn it on to print a house, when the printer starts to print the first layer of the house, which is a blank square it would go until it finished about the middle of the layer then the extruder would stop extruding ! and the head would keep moving as if its normally printing, by extruder stops extruder i mean even the gear on the side of the head stops spinning, i tried to restart the print again but the same thing happened, i hope this is not a big problem, what can i do ?

i use PLA for filament and the newest update of the Mattercontrol slicer.

thanl you

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

that sounds like a slicer issue but we can dig deeper. Can you slice and try to run another model? Does it stop in the same spot? Is there any errors in the gcode terminal? (maybe something like TEMP FELL TO MUCH) if you preheat the extruder and slide it back and forth while making it extrude does it stop?

Check your wiring on the motor. On the R1+ I've fixed more than a few where the zip tie caused issues.