1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PET First print with PETG - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by Toro1966, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Hey guys - I did my first prints with PETG last night. I think they came out pretty decent. The first was the calibration circle and then I printed some Kryptonite - since I had the green PETG.

My settings were 242/80 and I did use hairspray. I might not use hairspray next time because this thing stuck very well. My Z offset was -.2 and I changed it to draw 3 loops around the object before printing it. I did that because it did ooze slightly at the start and this cleaned the nozzle off well before the start of the print.

This was all done in matter control.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. XEMA

XEMA New Member

Looks good, but I would mess around with the temperatures, it appears as though you are running it a tad hot. When I run the transparent PETG, I normally run at 238C for the first couple layers then run it at 235C for the rest with the fan at 50%. For whatever reason, the solid color PETG ones want to be a little hotter.

PETG likes to be laid down and not smooshed like PLA/ABS. When it runs on the too hot side the layers look more molten and look more smooshed.