1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Flow starts sputtering mid-print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jdumbaugh, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdumbaugh

jdumbaugh Member

I CANNOT BEGIN TO EXPLAIN HOW MUCH BETTER THIS IS.....Installed the new bolt, took maybe 10 minutes and it's like I got an entirely new printer......thank you so much to everyone who recommended a new hobbed bolt

2. Brian-UK

Brian-UK New Member

I had the same thing tonight I couldn't get the first layer any good I just tweaked the threaded z drive rods up and down until I got an even line across the print and then raised the z stop bolt a quarter turn (I'm going to add a locking nut tomorrow and turn that switch around) it sorted it out for me. In your photo your first layer looks like it's been squashed flat raising the z stop a fraction sorted mine.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yup. The new hobb is the cats meow.
    Getting the height right is a huge plus as well, if I fiddle with it now it is minute adjustments.

4. jdumbaugh

jdumbaugh Member

I still need to do that stupid heat bed fix...the fan they sent me isn't cutting it.

5. Bob64

Bob64 Member

just order the two parts from mouser/digikey and - if your good at de-soldering stuff, go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.