1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Flowing issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bilyboy, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilyboy

bilyboy New Member

Hello everyone,
    First I apologize for my english, this is not my first language.

I managed to print correctly with the given blue PLA sample but since I've finished it and change for a red one, I can't find settings that fits.
    Here is a view of what I get every time.
    [​IMG]
    I tried to lower and higher the temperature, also to change the height of the first layer.
    Any idea ?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

looks like you're too low to the print head. You can tell because it's not properly laying down filament and dragging on the tape.

It looks like you have the abs model with the boro glass. If this is the case I would use hair spray on the glass. Most people use tape on the pla model so as to not scratch the plexiglass with the nozzle, but on the boro there's no risk of that

3. bilyboy

bilyboy New Member

Thank you,
    it's better now with an higher first layer, the perimeters are good, but I still have the problem on the filling parts (only on the first layer) and after a few layers it starts to raise on the corners and unstick.
    I'll try to buy some hair spray and higher once again the first layer.
    I'll let you know the results.

4. Matthias

Matthias Member

I also hat problems with the first layer, but got it solved by:

- adjusting the Z-height to 0.10mm (by measuring, not guessing)
    - measured the filament diameter, and found that it's more 1.80 than 1.75mm, so I used 1.8 in my slicer
    - reduced the flow to 90% (or 0.9, depending on which slicer you use).

This reduced the lifting especially during the first layers infill, such that it is really flat now.

5. bilyboy

bilyboy New Member

Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy and didn't have time to try and try again.
    I finally succeed. I put the minimum extrusion to 50mm to clean the extruder and make it less sticking, and I've higher the first layer. It's still not perfect but the impression goes to the end without problem.

Thanks for advices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.