1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Frame Dragging model

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by tkoco, Jun 13, 2018.

1. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Inspired by the physics of frame-dragging in space-time [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame-dragging ], I created this model. While the model can be printed on a single extruder printer (like the C2), the need for support material everywhere makes for a messy clean-up job. This model is best printed on a dual extruder using PVA as support material. On low resolution quality, it takes around 24 hours to print on the C2. I used the 'cross' shape support selectable in Cura.

With a bit of imagination: a spinning black-hole is at the center of the model, the model shows what happens to space-time as it approaches the black-hole.

Attached Files:

#1 tkoco, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Some slicers are better at generating easy to remove support material than others.

3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

True, true. But Cura is the recommended slicer for the C2. Any suggestions for a different slicer?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is no one best slicer by recommendation from Robo :) Not for any printer.
    Try another. Experiment. They provide slicers (like Cura or MatterControl) for which they provide a "profile" to make it easier to quickly get up and printing.

To date the best slicer I have used for the C2 (or any of them really) is Simplify3D.