1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Melody Bliss, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

I've started a Frequently Asked Questions page for the Robo 3D R1 via Google Docs and marked it public. Obviously it's a Work In Progress since there will always be new information.

The public URL is at
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fryBbKG8rpOCfsWk3UbcJzHEItqHU0iFY7uVRF3sFx0/edit?usp=sharing

which, since it's kind of long and hard to remember, I've created a URL redirect to something a bit easier to remember:
    http://melodybliss.org/robo3d/

If anyone would like the ability to edit this document, please let me know and I'll add you as an editor.

If anyone has additional topics that I should add, please let me know and I'll add it in.

Lastly, can we sticky this?

4 people like this.
  2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

I've now got an additional URL link that points to the FAQ. The old ones still work but the new one is

http://lele.io/robo3dfaq

(I own lele.io and I'm using it as a bit.ly custom URL redirect domain)

3. Les Hall

Les Hall Member

Wow this looks extremely useful! I wonder why there are so few replies?

Les

4. Nemesiscoins

Nemesiscoins New Member

Just found this. Really good info!!

5. gravityisweak

gravityisweak Member

I also found this really useful, but the odd thing is I found it through a google search and not the forums. I still don't think its stickied. Adding the text of the doc might help people searching in the forums find their answers, maybe not. I think anyone new to the printer should be directed to this document, as the included documentation is sorely lacking. Thanks for creating this.

It would be extremely helpful to add the specifics of some hardware. For example, I'd like to replace the screws that hold my hot end in with something that isn't philips head because they want to keep stripping. It would be good to know the diameter, length, and thread to be able to get easy replacements.

I also think there should be documentation on the new hot-end because I had a hell of a time figuring mine out the first time I had to disassemble it. Not because it's difficult but because its very confusing to know whether something is wrong with your part, or you are making a mistake in what you're doing. I would be willing to lay out something in this regard the next time I have to take mine apart.

#5 gravityisweak, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

@gravityisweak unfortunately after Melody's passing there hasn't been anyone to take up the reigns to maintain the FAQ. Hers is very out of date and contains information that is no longer applicable.

I've started the transition process to move everything to a robo hosted wiki: http://wiki.robo3d.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Manual

but as you can see it's in need of a lot of work that I just haven't made time to do.

Please feel free to contribute and make revisions as needed.

7. scotta

scotta Active Member

Sorry to hear about her passing.... she was a great contributor to the forum early on.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.