1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Ft. Lauderdale / Hollywood / Miami Florida

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Greg Knapp, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Greg Knapp

Greg Knapp Member

Hey guys, I dont think I ever said hi here. I'm Greg, an avid tinkerer and photographer in South East Florida. I live in West Hollywood, Work in Doral (Central Miami / Dade). My 9 to 5 (5:30pm to 2:30am) is doing Linux system administration for a Major internet hosting company.

I picked up a Robo3d thanks to Barnacules Nerdgasm aka Jerry. Co-worker of mine also picked up a Robo3d he got the R1 model.

I finally got my printer to work very reliably, it took some TLC and some cash to get there, I replaced the head, added the xxl display .. etc.

I've written a couple posts on here, feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

Greg

2. Julian Reveron

Julian Reveron New Member

Hi Greg , my name is Julian and living in Miramar fl, I'm industial designer looking for a 3d printer, let me ask you for what do you use your robo printer? are you happie with this printer? thanks.

3. Greg Knapp

Greg Knapp Member

Hey Julian,

Its one of my many hobbies :) I enjoy it very much. Ive made many modifications to the printer and get pretty reliable results. I generally just make nic-nacks, although I have solved a couple problems with it :D

Very happy with it, but when i suggest it to people I let them know they should be ready to tinker with it. I've stripped mine down to just the board and powersupply a few times already. (replaced the bed, added some leveling kit.. etc) alot of the modifications I made are now sold as the default on the printer.

Enjoy!

Greg

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Fun times... fun times.

3 people like this.