1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Full Graphic LCD thinks the SD card is inserted when it's not

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jtn7040, Aug 12, 2015.

1. jtn7040

jtn7040 Active Member

So i have installed a Full graphic LCD into my 2nd printer, however it thinks the SD Card is inserted when there is no SD card and that there is no SD card when I insert one (Formated to FAT32) any ideas on what i need to change? i'm guessing two pins need to be swapped in firmware but i don't know which ones

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Someone with one can comment, but I do believe the full graphic display requires a switch to be set in firmware (then recompile and reload).

3. jtn7040

jtn7040 Active Member

Well I have two printers with two lcds. One of them is fine just this one is having this strange issue. I double checked the firmware and reuploaded to both printers to check it and still same problem... I've found a work around by taking the sd card holder off the LCD and soldering the detect pin and the little metal arm together. It seems to have worked however unconfirmed if its a defect or by design with this particular model. (Amazon sainsmart LCD full graphic controller.)

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk