1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered G10 Command Not Working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jwvanno, Mar 11, 2015.

1. jwvanno

jwvanno New Member

Every time the printer auto-levels, I get nine little wispy dots of filament stuck to the bed that have tails about an inch and a half long, and they are getting all over the place when I clean them off the glass. (Actually, this whole printer thing just makes Little Plastic Cooties(tm) everywhere!)

Anyway, I thought if I could retract the filament slightly at the end of each print, it would minimize this problem. So I tried to add the G10 command to the End Code and nothing happened.

I tried entering it manually while the printer was idle to see if I could get it to work, but again, nothing happened. The documentation on the web says G10: "Retract filament according to settings of M207". M207 is defined as: "Set retract length S[positive mm] F[feedrate mm/sec] Z[additional zlift/hop]"

So I tried to enter "M207 S1 F1 Z1" manually and nothing happened then either.

Can someone give me some insight to how to use the G10 or M207 commands??

(Or any other way to reduce the number of little pieces of fluff stuck to the print bed!)

Robo R1 8mm rods, auto-leveling using Repetier Host v1.0.6 on Win8.1

Thanks.

2. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Is it possible to give a negative E command? I've never tried myself.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'd just stick with using G1 commands. I've never seen G10 used even though it does look like a retract command.

After setting the position to relative just sent

G1 E-5.0

Maybe add a speed there as well

4. jwvanno

jwvanno New Member

Thanks to both of you. That's a workable solution.

And it even solves most of the original problem. :)

Thanks.