1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Garolite vs G10

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Lance Weston, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I now have been printing with Garolite and with G10 24/7 since November on two different R2 printers. The objects printed have remained the same. Both are on top of glass on to top of flexplate. I purchased an infrared measuring tool and the 70C set temp results in and a 58C surface temp. The G10 is 1/32" thick purchased from eBay and glued with a 3m glue sheet of the same material as the Garolite backing glue sheet.

The Garolite was a better printing surface for about a 3 months and then became less sticky. I sanded the surface and also cleaned with acetone which had previously improved sticky. The Garolite is no longer sticky enough to be useful and allows the prints to curl off the bed.

The G10 is not quite as hard as the Garolite and can scratch more easily. The G10 has not lost it's sticky and is still doing a very good job. I sand it out with 600 grit about once a month for best results

Both are much more durable than glass. I have not yet had any print peel off part of the surface like glass is prone to do if the sticky is too great.