1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Glass on Heated Print bed is cracked when it arrived, Please help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Chas, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chas

Chas Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Luckily it's on the far edge, but I was curious if I can still print like this?

2. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

Hi you need to drop them an email and they will send a replacement, mine was shattered and I got a replacement bed within a week and really easy to fit just 4 nuts and 2 wires

3. Chas

Chas Member

The problem is that I bought it from an original backer, not from Robo3D so I'm still hoping its under warranty.

4. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

sorry and 4 nuts and bolts on the belt clamps

5. Chas

Chas Member

It looks like the crack is on the very far end. Is the printer still usable if the crack isnt in the main print area? I don't plan on printing anything real big to start anyway

6. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

hmm that changes things, I think it would be completely at their discretion as it is technically now second hand

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Did the previous owner verify that the hbp was in good condition before shipping? Can't hurt to try team robo though they might say no, and then it's $99 for a new one + kapton heater

8. Chas

Chas Member

The previous owner never opened it. It was still all sealed and all the original packaging was in tact. So, since he never opened it's unclear when it happened.

Upon futher inspection it looks like the z-stop is cracked as well and I'm missing the tiny little plastic piece that the metal hits to make the click. Looks like it also broke off in shipping. I was able to put a tiny piece of pla in there to serve as that piece but its still very wonky.

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

if it was unopened you're as good as covered under the first owner. Contact team robo and I get the feeling they'll be compassionate towards your plight and get you replaced.

10. Chas

Chas Member

Good to hear :D Upon further inspection it looks like my Z-Stop was broken as well :( (i'll attach a pic). I managed to recover the little metal lever in the box but the tiny black peg that clicks it down underneath was missing and the case is cracked. I think I can glue it back together and use something else for the little peg but I'm not sure exactly how big it is. Any advice? [​IMG]

11. Chas

Chas Member

Jerry from customer service just emailed me and said they will send me a new glass. Robo rocks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.