1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Gotcha

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mark tomlinson, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So after spending three hours trying to get the bed leveling to work...

(It would level perfectly on one side, but then the other one would throw it way off, on both sides--many dark words were uttered and much hair was pulled)

I noticed that on the right (looking in from front) the threaded rod (at the bottom) goes into a connection that is bolted to it so that when that spins, the rod spins. Except, in this case, it wasn't. The rod was spinning loose in the clap. The connector could turn, but the rod would not...

I tried to tighten the allen screws but they were already fully tight..<grr.> A drop of super glue judiciously applied right where the threaded rod went in to the connector fixed things up. It has been printing happy ever since. (the leveling process then took the 5 minutes to complete that it should have BTW)

Just throwing this out there because:
    1) Someone else might have the same issue
    2) Someone need to check these a little better :)

Still way satisfied with this puppy, there is a learning curve to getting things printed well.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Please post a pic of the exact piece you are talking about I am about 99% sure I knw which one an dit is OK if it is that one but if it is not and you superglued the wrong thing it could be vary vary bad

I assume you are talking about the couple itself and not the just the simple nut that can sometime be visible, it is on the threaded rod as well in that same general location. The nut would be very bad it has to remain loose.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, nut=bad :)
    It was the coupling at the bottom of the threaded rod.
    Not sure how it could spin with the coupling full right, but either way it spinneth not now. Or rather the rod spins with the coupler :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.