1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Heat Bed issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mrspeeddemon, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrspeeddemon

mrspeeddemon New Member

So I was having issues with my bed not getting up to temp so I thought that I was victim of the issues that others are having with the board getting to hot. But I noticed that my bed actually was heating up it just wasn't registering with the computer. The computer would say 20*-30*c but my infrared thermometer was reading closer to 60*-70*. ? So I started inspecting things and theres a little glass "ball" hooked to 2 white wires that was just hanging out. so I pushed that against the bed and it started registering a higher temp. So my question is where is this "ball" supposed to be attached? I taped to the top of the bed to test it and it would only get up to about 70*- thermometer read about 75* but that's all it would do. Help?

2. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

That is the thermistor and should be taped underneath your heat bed. It's taped close to the wires for the power. It is taped only a few inches from the edge of the glass bed. By not placing it in the center we read the temp at the edges of the bed so that we can assure that the temp we want is spread to more of the glass bed.

3. Thamer Albahiti

Thamer Albahiti Active Member

not much to see, but here is how mine looks like

Attached Files:

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Is that scotch tape?

5. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

It should be Kapton tape.

6. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I was thinking the same thing, It sure looks like it is. This is not good if it is, the tap will fail and could cause some serious damages. If this wasn't done by the user them self's, I'm guess that is one made in China, I think the RoBo team needs some one down their watching over what is going on. There has been a lot of problems with the printers coming out of china.

7. Thamer Albahiti

Thamer Albahiti Active Member

i didn't do that, at first i thought it was, but i've heated the bed so many times I think scotch tape would have changed color or even burned off. i can check once i get back home

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That looks nothing like my china made printer. Mine had one piece of kapton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.