1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Heat bed shows room temp not heating

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by neal, Oct 22, 2013.

1. neal

neal New Member

Printer has been working great but heat bed has stopped heating.
    Thanks
    Neal

2. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Neal, during shipping, the heat bed wires can sometimes come out of their ports. Try looking underneath at the electronics board and let me know if there is a wire hanging loose

3. neal

neal New Member

I have been printing non stop since I received the unit a week or so ago. I had just completed a small print job when I went to print the 2nd item the bed would never heat back up the temp kept dropping until room temp. I have tried cycling power etc nothing changes .
    Neal

4. neal

neal New Member

I tried to print again and now the bed is not heating up. I am measuring 12.17 V at the thick black lines.

5. neal

neal New Member

I think I found the problem need to run. The problem is one of the black wires is severed. I have pictures will show later

6. neal

neal New Member

Ok, here is the issue. where the heat shirk ends near the heat bed is going to cause you issues. I think while printing this will wiggle the wires back and forth causing friction and heat eventually cause the wire to break at this point. I uploaded some pics hope it helps. you might want to redesign how the heat bed is connected or add addition support at that point. I reattached the wire and the heat bed is working
    Regards
    Neal

Attached Files:

7. neal

neal New Member

Looks like soldering the wire with a patch didnt work looks like I will need to run a new wire my patch fell off.