1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved heatbed not heating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by anmael, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anmael

anmael New Member

Hi, I just got my robo3d r1 today and after following the setup instructions I noticed that the current temperature of the heatbed won't raise at all..it displays something between 16 and 20 which is the temperature of the room. The motors all seem to work fine and the tip heats up nicely...I'm suspecting a loose connection on the bed? How do I go about checking the board? What do I need to unscrew?

2. lars-atx

lars-atx New Member

3. anmael

anmael New Member

Thank you for the reply first of all,
    Under the magnetic bed there isn't much to check, just a black flat cable disappearing under a brown woodish platform sealed with what seems to be aluminum foil..

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

This is at the start of a print it's not heating up? I believe there is a connector on the back end bracket where the ribbon plugs into.

You can also remove the bottom cover and make sure the light for d8 is on though that may not be necessary right now.

If the d8 light doesn't turn on then them the power input wire is probably loose.

If d8 is on then there's a loose wire in the heater circuit

5. anmael

anmael New Member

No, the print starts only if I set the heatbed to 0 degrees, otherwise it gets stuck waiting for the printed to heat up, which simply doesn't happen...
    I think the connectors under the bed are all under that woody sheet, the only visible thing is the flat black cable...

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Can you take a picture. What you describe is not what I was told

7. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

8. anmael

anmael New Member

Update:
    Thanks everybody for the help, after checking better and opening up the base to expose the arduino board, turned out that part of the black ribbon cable that goes to the heatbed was loose and did not make contact. Tightening the little screw that holds it to the terminal solved the issue and now the bed heats up just fine and i successfully finished my first ABS print :).
    I will add a picture of the bottom of my heatbed later (when what i am printing is done) for future reference in case someone else have my issue..
    I did not see the bottom of my heatbed in any of the pictures found around (maybe its a small recent design change?)
    Thanks everybody for the quick help again!

2 people like this.
  9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

10. anmael

anmael New Member

yes, that is exactly what mine looks like, and under the bed it disappears into a pad attached to the bottom

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

i was told there is a connector here: [​IMG] can you take a picture of this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.