1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Heated bed wires preventing movement

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Krazykarl, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Krazykarl

Krazykarl New Member

Mechanically able newbie..... Not so much electrically tho! :eek:

My heated bed wires were wrapped / kinked around a support or strain relief for them and were getting hung up on the rectangular and shiny black base plate below the print bed as it moved to print out near its max build envelope. This made a grinding noise and I immediately stopped the print.

After lifting the print bed I discovered that a single wire was ripped out from the underside of the print bed heating element. The other wires appear to be intact. This single wire appears to of been separated during assembly and was then pinched in the strain relief, but when I removed the bed I discovered that the strain relief didn't prevent the wire from being pulled out from the heating element.

Does anyone know if anything special needs to be done to re-attach the single wire? Or have any tips on re-attaching the wire?

I'm getting antsy while waiting for a Level 2 support person to follow up.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Is your thermistor still working? It's probably one of the heater wires but it's best to know for certain.

Has the tech support gotten back to you?

3. Krazykarl

Krazykarl New Member

It wasn't the thermistor, but one of the 4 or 5 power wires that get tied together on the latest version. They are sending a new heater.

I did manage to get my hands on a solder gun and re attach the wire. It's seems to be working, but I won't leave it running when I'm not nearby, just in case.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk