1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Heating bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Axlferg, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axlferg

Axlferg New Member

Just printed my 1st print and it turned out tons better than anything I printed on my new stand, my 1yr old CubeX Trio. However I used too strong a glue.
    Is the heating bed meant to be removed for cleaning, and if so how is the heating ribbon removed? Also what's the best cleaner to use?

Thanks!

2. 1nxtmonster

1nxtmonster Active Member

What glue did you use? I use hairspray and then to clean the bed I just wipe with water or rubbing alcohol. No need to remove the bed. The bed does not come the whole way off.

3. Axlferg

Axlferg New Member

I used the glue stick that came with my CubeX Trio. I'll be going with the hairspray going forward, but the there's some print left behind that's stuck on pretty well I need to remove first. Just scraping it all off would be tough and I don't want to damage the bed.

4. 1nxtmonster

1nxtmonster Active Member

Try soaking some paper towel in rubbing alcohol and using that to remove the glue. BTW scraping the bed won't damage it, maybe some small scratches but no actual damage. Just be gentle.

5. Axlferg

Axlferg New Member

I'll give the paper towel/rubbing alcohol a shot. Thanks!

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's actually physically impossible for steel to scratch glass. I use a flat blade razor to scrape all the glue/hairspray off

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.