1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from MN!

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Beeedy, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Beeedy

Beeedy New Member

Hello!

I am an electrical/software engineer and recently acquired a Robo3d+ and it is already printing almost non-stop :)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. stevie d

stevie d New Member

Hello Mark,

I am new to the Robo 3d Plus printer and to this forum. I'm already printing a number of components and I'm concerned about lubrication of the threaded shafts and the horizontal rods. I saw in the intro video that a 3 in 1 oil was used for the threaded shafts, but a tube of lubricant, a light grease was supplied with the printer. I haven't seen any reference to the suggested application of the "Tube Lube". Have you seen anyplace where lubricant was applied if and when printing a large quantity of parts?

Thanks Mark,
    Steven from MA

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is a grease. People have different ideas about what is correct for lubrication.
    IMHO 3-in-1 oil is not really the correct lubricant, but if that is what you want to use -- have at it.
    Since it is a light machine oil it will need to be re-applied more often that say, lithium grease.

For this type of moving parts/machinery a light grease really is a better choice than a light machine oil, but as long as you do lubicate the machine it is not critical.

(I can't edit this thread -- is not related to @Beeedy -- but in the future post a new thread for new issues)

#4 mark tomlinson, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  5. stevie d

stevie d New Member

Thanks Mark,
    Steven