1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from the UK!

Discussion in 'England' started by Sye, Sep 24, 2013.

?

Which PLA Colour is your favourite?

1. White

20.0%
  2. Orange

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blue

40.0%
  4. Black

13.3%
  5. Green

6.7%
  6. Others

20.0%
  1. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Thanks for that John.

I see that you are in the May tier and got yours already. I am still waiting for mine which is in the April tier. Oh well!

2. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

I bought mine when it was on KickStarter, we were promised we would get them in May but that soon changed. I have been working with this for 3 days now and i have yet to print anything, very frustrating.

3. David Mortlock

Same with me. An April Kickstarter.

Is yours ABS or PLA model.

4. Sye

Sye New Member

Hiya Harry, I have spoken to Braydon. Cheers anyway.

Hiya David, Duty should be no more than 2% of the declared calculated value in GBP (£), VAT at 20% of the same value. You may also be charged a fee for using the defferment account of the freight company, could be from £15 to £35 !!
    Make sure you get an itemsised invoice from the freight co. and dispute the rate of duty if you feel it is too high!

On another note, went to a friends house and after seeing his 3 machines it really made me want my machine!!!! hehe

All the best

Simon.

5. Sye

Sye New Member

His machines are not Robo ones ;)

6. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

Both

7. David Mortlock

Thanks for that Simon. Much appreciated

8. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

ok you guys have scared me incredibly. I orderd it yesterday.....when will it be arriving? the website says 8 weeks but I don't trust it now

(I live in the uk)

9. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

I am hoping that if the new batch of 500 being finished in China are being shipped directly to the consumers then all orders should be fulfilled within the 8 weeks you have been quoted but that said I am growing more impatient waiting for mine I have so much I want to do with it.

10. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

I am hoping to get this printer before Christmas. is that likely to happen. how often do they get printers deliverd from china? once a month?

11. Sye

Sye New Member

I think most people on this thread are holding their breath! As we have probably all had DHL in touch :)

The clock is ticking, the plane has landed :p

My 200 rolls of filament are straining in their plastic bags nawing at the little bag of dessicant! :mad:

12. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

just to give an update. I am a website order and I was told I will 'get here before Christmas. I'm exited.

Attached Files:

13. Sye

Sye New Member

Cool Alex! hope you get it asap!

3 people like this.
  14. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

15. Sye

Sye New Member

16. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Hey guys.

I can't remember the exact sum, but I believe I had to pay something like 30 pounds to dhl for import taxes/handling fees.

Not bad at all.

17. David Mortlock

Nothing yet but I am hopefull it will be soon

18. AKVai

AKVai New Member

I'm in on the March fully assembled, ABS upgrade KS tier and haven't got mine yet.
    Really can't wait to get printing, had my filament delivered months ago, just sitting in a box raring to go :)

19. Sye

Sye New Member

Got mine but still waiting to get going! lol

I will have another go tomorrow!

My E3D new hot end arrived today! so might even swap it !

20. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Sye if you just got the E3D I would recommend using a silcone to lock teh thermistor in place instead of the kapton tape it is only my opinion but I have a hard time getting kapton tape to stick long term.

I use this Permatex ultra copper sensor safe high temp RTV Silicone gasket maker. I found this at my local car parts store. it is usually used for making small gaskets in car motors and works really well so I would take a look around where you are and see if you can find something like it locally.

the key aspects silicone hightemp sensor safe

Also as another tip for the E3D take a tiny ball of aluminium wrap(make sure it is loosely formed so it can be crushed) and put it into the whole first then put the thermistor in and push it in against that ball crushing the ball against the side and pretty much enveloping the thermistor this gives great contact with the surrounding metal and gets you a good reading.

After putting the thermistor in put a small dab of the silicone right onto the whole and push some in the whole than put a little more on the outside face to form like a cover and smooth it as best you can. ---Make sure you do not let any get onto the nozzle tip though--- Then let it set for a full day to cure it will be dry in about an hour but let it sit until it cures.

Then proceed with the other steps.

This will end up with a very long lasting durable way to secure the thermistor in place and can be removed at you convenience because it stay flexible and can be peeled or scraped off if you need to get rid of it.

Been using my setup just like I described since I got my E3D a while back and have had no problems

3 people like this.