1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help with moving it.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by chris12, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris12

chris12 New Member

The axis wont move it says its disconnected when it is and their is no port of that name (my port) but its the only one. im not sure what to do it just dose not communicate at all with the printer. I checked many time it can move freely nothing blocking it everything seems to be in order but, the plug in the back(im not sure if its anything or not) but when I see in pictures and videos its flipped the other way (my switch is on the right and plug on the left) not sure if its anyting just thought I should say.

Any help will be nice =)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Did you install the driver?

If you're not seeing the port show up it's a communication issue.

3. chris12

chris12 New Member

I think I did can I get a link please?

4. chris12

chris12 New Member

I see the port show up now but it just saying waiting when I do a command

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Are you on a mac?

The link is in the getting started guide

6. agump

agump Member

make sure you home all first, i had a similar issue it sounds like but I have to just home when i start and then they will move

7. Lew

Lew Member

Many of the "Command Waiting" problems seem to be related to something going wrong on the USB port. Although I know almost nothing about the USB protocol, I would suggest downloading a USB port analyzer and running it while attempting to print. One such monitor can be downloaded on an evaluation basis from http://www.aggsoft.com/usb-port-monitor.htm. Load and run this before starting the print. If you get the Command Waiting, stop the monitor and look at the monitor log and look for any abnormal situation.
    Again, I am not a USB protocol expert by any means, but this may provide a hint. I suspect that something is interrupting the free flow of data or the printer and PC are getting out of sync.
    Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.