1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hi, Jimmy from NYC

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Jamesam591, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Jamesam591

Jamesam591 New Member

new to the scene. From Staten Is. NY. My first post. Been getting aquainted with my new robo3DR1+.So far Ive printed only minor things but it works great. More of a hardware person and learning how all comes together. Ive been invovled in electronics and cnc most of my life. Built my first digital color tv in 1972 and been hooked ever since.Own 2 carvewrites cnc for wood for a number of years. Have a m&f 3d scanner(not crazy about it.). I see other posts with peeps having problems and i am gratetfull that i got one that so far works great. Talked to the tech staff for a few minor problems setting up and they were not only available but very helpful.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Welcome!

That scanner is as good as they come in terms of Consumer level scanners.
    3D scanning is not going to generate models that are ready for printing.
    Significant cleanup will always be required. I have one and have not found it to be of any great use since complex models require enough rework/cleanup that the effort to simply model them from scratch is often easier.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

At some point I suspect the consumer 3D scanners will get better... at least I hope so.

4. Jamesam591

Jamesam591 New Member

yes i read that after i purchased it and started to research it. It is good for those that want a leg up in the design process. I worked for Pitney Bowes for a number of years as a service tech and than moved on to computers. I would like to put together a parts list with all the proper nomenclature so it makes it easy for techs and consumers that like to tinker or just do repairs themselves. I have already started buying some of the major parts.