1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Hot Bed Wiring and Y Axis Shift

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cosber, Mar 23, 2015.

1. cosber

cosber Active Member

Having issues with print shifting along the Y axis. It does it on long or wide objects. I can compensate by turning the object so the long print goes along the X axis. Couple things I've noticed that have started recently:
    1. During the 9 point auto level, when the bed moves to the limit on the Y for the last 3 measures, the steppers grind momentarily as if it is trying to go past the limit.
    2. The middle 3 and last 3 measures seem to be farther up the bed then I remember, the last 3 are right on the white outline on the bed.
    3. When printing a part where the bed moves to the Y limit, I can hear the microswitch flicking on and off.

I lifted the bed to take a look at things and noticed the bed's heat wire was laying on top of the stepper belt gears.
    Picture 1 is the bed all the way forward, 2 is all the way back. You can see the gray wire has some crimp marks like it is being pinched by the gears. While you can't see it, looking at it from the other side, with the bed down, the wire is laying on the Y axis microswitch.

If I push the wire down the hole out of the way, it just pulls back out. Is this something anyone has seen before?

yaxis2.jpg yaxis1.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is likely that the wire is getting it the way of the bed activating the limit switch. So while it is at (or nearly at) the limit the switch is not activated and it does not realize this.

I used an arrangement of ZipTie anchors and ties to keep that cable routed 'better' but if you look there is a flexible cable housing someone had printed that you can put it inside of.

3. PickyBiker

PickyBiker Active Member

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. cosber

cosber Active Member

Fantastic! Thanks man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. PickyBiker

PickyBiker Active Member

PS:
    I used 1/4" snakeskin mesh and it is sooooo flexible.