1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Hot-end Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rabu, Dec 12, 2015.

1. rabu

rabu New Member

My Robo3D R1 3d printer is running fine science last few months but recently it has some trouble as its filament is now overflowing from the hot end and makes the hot end dirty (I think the hotend has has leaked or nozzle has clogged ) I think it's one of the parts has damaged but I can not determine what has exactly happened and after this incident the printing quality has became poor.

so friends please help me and give a solution for the details information I attached the picture of the hotend and a printed things .

your friend
    monzurul
    IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is a leak. Probably a loose heat break (the part between the extruder cold and hot sections).
    If you are under warranty get them to simply replace the hotend.

Otherwise you want to heat it up and carefully remove as much of that filament from the black boot as possible. Hemostats would be my suggestion to avoid getting burned. Then you need to hot tighten the heat break back into the hotend cold and hot sections. .Be careful since the heat break is a small part and you don't want to damage it.

There are hotend assembly details here:

https://tamarintech.com/article/hexagon_std_assembly

video here:

Or... as an alternative, replace the entire hoitend. If it is under warranty that is what I would ask Robo to do. Cleaning and repairing that one is more trouble/effort than the cost of a new one.