1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hotend just stopped heating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mikethinks, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

1 week of ownership and my hotend just stopped heating halfway through a print. I dont see any loose wires or evidence of any other problem, and it was working fine and just POOF nothing but room temprature readings. Thermistor appears to be fine since it reads a little hotter when near the heated bed.

ahhhhhhhhhh

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Sounds like a loose connection. Check the hotend connections on the plug and also the connections to the ramps 1.4 board.

Verify there's 12v coming off D10

3. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Not sure where D10 is but I found my circuit tester and determined that on the main blue power bar I just wasnt getting power to the hotend connection, it seemed tight...except the balck ground felt a little loose. Didnt fix it right away, but after a rooboot of MC and the printer it "seems" to be working.

OK...thats enough tinkering for this month thank you.

ty again Mike

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

FYI it appears the reason that I was not able to diagnose my intermittent hot-end not heating was because all the screws on the adrino board were tight. The issue appears to be that the wires were pushed in TOO FAR??? The clamp screws were very tight but mostly on the wire insulation. At least thats what it seems to be what was the issue.

But the 30 year old Radio Shack voltage meter for the win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.