1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered hotend voltage?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Emil, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emil

Emil New Member

Hi,

I was printing last week and a bit glass from my bed chipped away with my print when i was done printing.

I ran a similar print and the hotend went down in the "hole" in the bed and got stuck with the result that the hotend broke and the threaded lower parts on it got offset.

Now i need to buy a new ind have looked on e3d v6, my only question is how many volts the hotend is driven with?

I could just measure it but this happen same day as i where going to leave on my 2week vacation and i whould really like to order it so its in the mail by the time i land at home. =)

BR

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Unless you changed it* the Robo uses a 12v power supply.

*unlikely, you would need an entirely new power supply :)

3. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

Mark does the e3d v6 use the full 12 volts to heat it up. I was told the e3d v6 uses 40w, so do I divide the 40w by 12 volts and get 3.3 amps and can I do the same for the hexagon. I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace the exiting wire that the hexagon is using with heavier gauge wire.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The E3D heater comes with a set of wires that runs all the way back to the RAMPS. Use those, not the ones that are attached to the Hexagon heater.

The thermistor is your call. It draws milliamps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.