1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved How do I remove the power supply?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tanbam, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanbam

Tanbam Member

When my printer is cold and I first turn it on, my power supply fan makes a terrible noise. I used to be able to turn it off and on a couple of times and it would eventually quiet down, but now I need to resort to banging on it. Obviously, this is just going to keep getting worse.

I need to pull the power supply out to replace the fan, but I don't know how to get to it. I opened the bottom (didn't take the top off completely yet) but didn't see any screws holding it in. I didn't want to start prying on it too much.

How does the supply come out?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's held in with friction. Just takes a lot of prying and force.

3. Tanbam

Tanbam Member

That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to mar my chassis, if I can help it.

Maybe I'll just leave it on all of the time!

4. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Mine was noisy for awhile, blew it out with air, hasn't made a sound all weekend.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

The power supply can be removed by gently prising it out using a large flat bladed scewdriver. Move the PS a few millimeters then ease each of the plastic lugs back by hand. Then prise it further a few mms and keep doing that until it comes out. It's easier to put back and much easier to get out next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.