1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved How to Pause Print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Garnet, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garnet

Garnet Member

If I have a very long print, like 4 hours, can I just pause it halfway through, raise the extruder say 10mm so it doesn't melt the print, leave it for a hour or two and resume later? Is there a process to follow if this is possible?

Thanks.

PS, I could experiment, but am in the middle of a long print now and would like to pause it while I do other things.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hit the pause button. Raise Z 10mm. Turn off heater power so you don't get a jam.

When you're ready turn back on the heat. Lower Z10mm. Hit resume.

At least I think that MC has pause. I don't use it, but almost every other software does.

3. Garnet

Garnet Member

Thanks. I'm using Repetier-Host v1.00. When you say turn heater off do you mean turn the extruder heat off in Manual control?

Is it a good idea to extrude some filament before lowering the extruder just to make sure it's flowing smoothly?

Thanks.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Great. Repetier is best for this. And yes turn off the heat from the manual control tab.

It's a good idea to prime the nozzle. Not really required but it is a good habit.

5. Garnet

Garnet Member

Thanks Mike, pussied out on this print and kept an eye on it. Will try on something smaller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.