1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

I cannot manually test the printer by moving the nozzle...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alec, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alec

Alec New Member

Hi, I have recently received my Robo3D printer, and am very exited to get into the world of 3D printing. However, during the calibration phase of the getting started How To, I am unable to move the nozzle. I am using Repetier, and it recognized my printer. I had a huge problem with the driver, and my computer saw an Arduino device that it didn't recognize. It recognizes it now, but I still can't move the nozzle. I can provide more screenshots if they are needed, please help!

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hit the home button :)

2 people like this.
  3. Alec

Alec New Member

Do you mean the "park" button? If so, that does nothing. There is no movement whatsoever.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Nope the home button, when your coordinates are red it means it doesn't know where it is in the world.

Attached Files:

5. Alec

Alec New Member

Unfortunately, that does not work.

Attached Files:

6. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Is the power switch on the back turned on? The arduino will get power over USB so that will still connect sometimes, but there is not enough power for the printer work.

2 people like this.
  7. Alec

Alec New Member

It is, although I don't see a light. Should I?

8. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

There's only lights on the arduino, no power light.
    I don't think you are connected properly, both your temps read 20C which is pretty much imposible, and it says something about virtual printer on the log at the bottom.

Download the RoBo version of Repetier found here http://www.robo3dprinter.com/pages/robo-3d-repetier-host-software see if that helps with anything, make sure you close the other repetier window first.

2 people like this.
  9. Alec

Alec New Member

Thanks very much for the help. I'm downloading it now, lets see how it goes.

10. Alec

Alec New Member

Well, there seems to be some progress. However, when I try to run the driver in admin mode, that happens. The device is still recognized though.

Attached Files:

11. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Driver installed with out a problem for me, but you might not need it.

Try this to connect. Close repetier, Discount the printer USB wait for the discount sound, then connect it again, wait for it to connect, then open RoBo repetier, try connecting then.

2 people like this.
  12. Alec

Alec New Member

Nope. Did exactly as you said and it still didn't work. Do you happen to know the file name of the driver that came with the ROBO3D version? I may be trying to run the old one.

13. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Hmm, when I get the same error I do what I said and it works for me. Maybe the driver isn't installed properly. I don't know the name of the driver file, I believe it just installed it automatically. You can try installing the arduino software if you havn't already, You'll need this if you ever want to update the firmware anyways. http://arduino.cc/en/main/software

2 people like this.
  14. Alec

Alec New Member

When I installed that software, thats what made my thing work. Do I need to reconfigure it like I did the first time perhaps?

15. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

So it's working now? Reconfigure what?

2 people like this.
  16. Alec

Alec New Member

In the getting started guide, you had to put in all the numbers in the settings tab. I did that with repetier, do I need to do it again with Robo3D repetier? and no it isnt working unfortunately.

17. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

No you don't need to put in the settings. The version of Repetier that you download from the website comes with all the setting pre-installed.

Check a couple of things please.

First, check that you have the voltage selector set to the correct voltage for the voltage in your country (115 V for USA).

If that's correct, when you plug in the printer and flip the on switch, check to see a green light on the power supply. This should be glowing.

If that's good, then connect to the printer and press the home buttons. They look like little houses. Press each one individually (x, y, then z). Do any of them work? Heat up extruder. Does it heat up? Turn on fan. Does it turn on? Turn on heat bed. Did that heat up?

Let us know what you find out.

18. Alec

Alec New Member

Thanks so much for replying. The voltage is correct. When I turn on the printer, I hear a small whirring sound, but I do not see a green light. As for the home buttons, when I attempt to connect the printer to Repetier, it shows this. Again, thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

do you see the com port listed in printer settings? If you don't it's a driver error

20. Alec

Alec New Member

I see the option of choosing COM1 and COM3...

EDIT: I can move it now after choosing COM3, a recent option. Thanks for the help!

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.