1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered I need help - Frustrated! Z Offset Issues....

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pchico, Oct 11, 2019.

1. pchico

pchico New Member

Hi All,

I am fairly new to 3d printing and have a R1 plus. I have been lurking on the forum for quite awhile trying to solve most of my issues & getting the R1 set up and working properly. Now, I am getting burned out. I am using Cura 4.0 for my slicer (4.3 is even worse for me). I have the notorious z offset issue.... urgh!. I have tried most of the recommended procedures mentioned here (and other forums) to no avail (plug in, gcode changes (Z-1), universal offset as well as manually adjusting the offset after auto leveling occurs using pause). The prints NEVER the same even after these changes (with respect to z offset). The only way I get a good print is when I close out of the Cura and restart my computer. The first print usually works but when I try to continue to another print, the z offset starts to be inconsistent again. I have double checked my settings before every print. I am using the R1 plus in its original state (no rasberry Pi or LCD yet). I have even reviewed the vids by Marquis on the subject.

Any additional help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Paul

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, my first suggestion would be another slicer/host program to see if it is Cura at fault.
    Repetier host or MatterControl maybe?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can also try rebooting the printer and restarting Cura between prints to see how that affects it...

I just never use Cura so I don't have any insight to offer there.