1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Improved cooling fan?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WizardStan, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WizardStan

WizardStan Member

For the most part my prints are going fairly well now, except when there's a bit of an overhang. Not enough to warrant a complete support structure, mind. What happens is the overhang curls up a little bit, eventually curling so much that the print head crashes into it and messes everything up. Following some suggestions I discovered I could prevent this by actively cooling it more with a hair dryer (on cold setting).
    Obviously I can't just stand here with a hair dryer the entire time. So long story short, does someone have a suggestion for something like this that'll fit the Robo3D? If not I'll try my hand at designing one myself.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I haven't seen one.

3. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

you can try this for a part cooling fan..http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/robo3d-front-mount-fan-adapter.855/

the shroud that you have linked above would be nice but just a fan directing air to your printed part is sufficient. Just make sure your hot end is insulated from the fan to keep the temperature of the hot end from fluctuating.

if you have the part cooling fan controlled via ramps, you can set it to come on at various settings in the print. For instance bridging. You can tell it to come on during bridging and shut off after bridging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.