1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved In a bit of a bind after upgraded Y-axis part failure

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mastermind1776, May 10, 2015.

1. Mastermind1776

Mastermind1776 New Member

Within the past few months I upgraded my Robo3d with the upgraded linear y-axis with heated bed and have had a lot of fun learning to print with ABS. However, recently many of my prints failed due to shifting in the y-axis while printing which I attributed to a belt or stepper related issue. When I took my printer out of its printing location and did some disassembly, I discovered that part of the y-axis that holds one of the smooth rods (see attached photo) had cracked and broken apart. Obviously I don't have access to a functional printer to print a replacement end bracket, so I am just looking for some suggestions as to next steps.

Since this isn't something that is easily troubleshooted, I figured that General Discussion may be a better location than Troubleshooting.

-David

Attached Files:

#1 Mastermind1776, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That steel putty only can be worked for about 5-10 minutes and sets in 15-20. It will be fully set in an hour.
    I use the crap out of it around the house :)