1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Industrial 3D Printers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianFraz, Dec 17, 2014.

1. BrianFraz

BrianFraz Member

So recently I have been using my Robo3D to make some parts to review at work. My boss saw it when the team and I were going over some changes to make based on the print I produced. Now he would like a recommendation for a 3d printer for the company.

I'm not 100% sure what his budget is, but when I thew out $60,000 for a good industrial printer he didn't bat an eyelash. I have focused pretty heavily on FDM printers for hobbyists because, well I never really thought I would be buying something more expensive. So I was hoping someone on here could help with finding some good reputable companies to compare.

Ideally a machine which could do both plastic and metal, not sure if any of the SLS models could do both plastic and metal, which would be ideal. SLS is looking like a good style, but I would love to get some input from other people who have read up more and maybe used some of the machines. Supposed to find something by Friday the 17th, so we can cut a check by the end of the year.

Thanks,

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member