1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Installation of Heated Bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Michael McKinley, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael McKinley

Michael McKinley New Member

Hey everyone!

My printer arrived a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I had ordered the ABS printer and it arrived set up as a PLA. (no hot bed, even though the box is labeled ABS)

Not a big deal as far as I am concerned, I contacted the guys at Robo3D and they shipped me the hot bed and screws to install. (They offered to let me return the one I had and they would ship me a new one....but I did not want to give up my new toy)

They forgot to give me information on where on the controller board to attach the bed power and the thermistor connections and, before bugging them again, I thought I would post the question here.

After looking at the controller, I believe the power goes to the headers at D8 and the bed thermistor goes to one of three spots (T1, T2, or pins 20 and 21) with my guess being T2, leaving T1 for a second print head at some point.

But like I said those are guesses and I REALLY don't want to mess things up by installing the bed incorrectly.

I found the "missing" video on the physical installation of a bed (assuming the steps are the same between the Lexan bed and the aluminum Heated Bed). I just need anyone who has the heated bed, and does not mind looking under the hood, to take a look and forward the correct wiring locations for the bed power and thermistor.

Kind Regards
    Michael

2. Michael McKinley

Michael McKinley New Member

Thanks to Tesseract, over on the Shoutbox channel I have my answer.

D8 is the bed Power, and T1 is the bed thermistor.

He also sent me the following link to assist:

This information is elsewhere on the forum I am told, but since I did not find it, I figured including it here would possibly be helpful to someone else.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.