1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Internal cables in the way

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dan, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Guest

Folks,

When I received my printer I found two black zip ties broken in the print bed. At first I had no idea where they came from but after attempting a few prints I now do. They were at one point holding cables in place.

Just by playing around with manual motor movement for a few minutes I can watch the cables get in the way of the X and Z stop switches.

Does anyone have a picture of properly tied off cables so that I can re-secure these?

Thanks

Dan

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

picture?

3. Dan

Dan Guest

Problem solved. I secured the cables in various places within the inside of the case. The cables were causing the following problems:

1) On the left side the large cable was getting caught between the print head assembly and the X-axis endstop.
    2) On the right side a small cable was getting caught on top, and once under the Z-axis endstop, causing all kinds of problems.
    3) Also on the right side the large cable was getting caught between the case and the plastic housing for the Z-axis rods. This was causing the right side to stay in place when the Z-axis was being lowered.

I ran a bunch of tests with motor movement and the problems appear to be solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.