1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Is this a firmware issue or not?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by David Lockwood, Jul 31, 2017.

1. David Lockwood

I've taken my Robo3D R1+ back to stock. I have most issues worked out but one. When I issue a G28 command the print head moves to the left and hits the end stop. The problem is it then moves up and stops. The computer reads it as at 127 on the X axis. When I move it to the right it will decrement and go to the the center and read ) on the X axis. I've checked the wiring to the X stepper and the Blue wire is toward the power in connector. I've looked at the Marlin firmware and it says it should be doing it correctly. Any suggestions?
    Addendum:
    I tried flipping the X stepper and it does exactly the same thing only backwards! I also re-flashed the firmware with no change. The USB connection is a bit wonky so I cannot say with any certainty that the re-flash "took".

#1 David Lockwood, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. David Lockwood

I think I again have found my own answer. I tested and checked ever component having anything to do with the X axis. I even replaced the Mega board as the connector was wonky. Nothing helped. In desperation I removed the printer bed and discovered the problem. The Y endstop had loosened and not perpendicular to the axis. A screw had broken! I couldn't remove all of the screw so I drilled new holes about 6mm from the old ones. This seems to have solved the problem. I really do not understand the issue but it does point out that when you have considered everything and still not solved the problem you obviously have not considered EVERYTHING !!

mark tomlinson likes this.