1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Issue with Cura 15 and R1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fruition_Factory, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Fruition_Factory

Tiny problem, but need a solution.

I have a model, its size is 240x189x84, well small enough to barley fit on the R1. When i load the model into Cura, orient it so the length lines up with the long axis and it still does not light up like it will print. I have ensured that i have platform adhesion set to none so i know that it will fit and still nothing. went through all the size settings, can not find a fix.

Scaling is not an option, its a mechanical part.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fruition_Factory

I noticed that with scaling, if i scale it so the y axis is under 228 it seems to work, although i cannot use this as a solution. it seems that Cura is ignoring the rectangle shape of the build area and constraining it to square. When i look at "bed shape" in the settings, it seems that the options are square or circle. Ideas?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Can't speak directly for Cura, but have you perhaps gotten it close enough that the skirt is beyond the max?
    If that is all you can just drop the skirt.

Cura may have other specific settings so someone familiar with it can help.

Fruition_Factory likes this.
  4. Fruition_Factory

Mark, your a genius!!! removed 1 line off the skirt and viola. I would have never thought of that.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is sneaky since not all slicers default to showing you the skirt in the preview :)
    Been bitten by that one myself.