1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Issues with warping.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John M. Fruits, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBellRacing

MBellRacing New Member

Hey guys. Been observing the forum as I experiment with my Robo. Is the adjustment for the Y level of the bed just turning two of the small nuts? It seems I can get X axis relatively level in the middle of the build, but the Y axis is a bit canted.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. MBellRacing

MBellRacing New Member

Interesting. Looking at it last night it seems my bed is about 3mm lower on the front than the back (the back to me being the switch side. I also found that the slight tugging effect the spool of filament has on the printer head seems to cause some innaccuacy higher up in the Z travel. Has anyone printed a support for the Z axis rods?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Mattchu

Mattchu Member

for the tugging I recommend one of the thingiverse spool holders that uses bearings. I am currently using these:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:118330

I chose these because they are small enough the printer, even offset, could make them fairly easily, they are adjustable, and bearings are fantastic (it glides like it's on air...I haven't had any pull related errors since). Any bearing with that classification will do, and I found 5/16"-18 threaded rod fit in mine okay (then again when I printed it I had the flow dialed way back, because the red filament is a dirty backstabber at times :p ) if you want I can create a BoM for the hardware, as the pictures they show don't show all the hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.