1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Jacksonville, NC

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Memnoch, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Memnoch

Memnoch New Member

Here I am in NC, is there anyone nearby.... I got mine the week before Thanksgiving, but went out of town for two weeks. I have only been able to successfully print out the calibration steps... then I put some painter's tape on the bed and then things went downhill.. first the supports did not work (tried the Dalek with weapons attached) then can't get anything to stay put on the bed after the skirt and the first layer. I think I will try going back to the naked bed and try some Aquanet.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Just make sure the first layer is nice and flat. Also, don't use the demo filament they send.

3. Memnoch

Memnoch New Member

hmm. @Mark, what is wrong with the demo filiment... That is what I used to make the first successful calibration print. then I changed to one of the other spools I ordered with the printer, expecting to need more for a bigger print.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It was wildly inconsistent as far as the sweet spot for flowing correctly.
    All of the spools I have used have varied--slightly--that stuff was way different.