1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just bought a robo 3d r1 need help with hot end

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Eliseo Gonzalez, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Eliseo Gonzalez

Eliseo Gonzalez New Member

I think this is the r1 beta as the hot end doesn't look like others I have seen and it also has the drawer like rails.

My thermistor is lose, previous owner had tape on it but I'd like to just replace the entire hot end. Can I replace with standard hot end from Amazon?

I have attached photos of the hot end and thermistor

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yep, that is an old J-Head. Do not attempt to get too hot with it :) 240 or 245 is the limit on it.

Yes a standard hotend (like an E3D or a clone) will fit it and remove the upper temperature limit

I am a firm believer in just going with an actual E3D myself. They don't break and if parts go bad you can buy their parts from many places.

3. Eliseo Gonzalez

Eliseo Gonzalez New Member

They claim it's a real e3d but it's an e3d v6 lite will this one work

Dang it can't post a link as this is only my 2nd post (including this reply) so I attached a screenshot of the amazon link

Thanks btw for your reply

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you want to try it -- go for it. If the E3D fits (and it will) this likely will too.
    Not sure from the picture that it really is an E3D v6: https://e3d-online.com/v6-all-metal-hotend

But again, it may work just fine and will be miles ahead of the J-Head :)