1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just installed my E3D V6 and I have a few questions

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ozzie Alarcon, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ozzie Alarcon

Ozzie Alarcon Member

Okay, so I finally finished up my E3D V6 install and I did a test print with a calibration box. The box printed perfect and everything looks good. I do have a couple questions though:

1) I haven't had any time to print a new fan holder for my printer. Is this going to be okay with me printing with PLA for the time being?

2) Are there any special settings I need to adjust or use in Matter Control now that I have my new print head? If so, what are they? I'm using the stuff thermistor per forum recommendation because I didn't want to be messing around with any firmware mods.

3) I was using the printed oiler (per forum recommendation) when I was on the factory hexagon head but is this still needed for the E3D V6?

- I think that's it for now but I'm sure I will have more Qs as I go along. So far so good....

jrs3d likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

1. As long as the part isn't too small, you should be fine until you print a parts fan holder, this one works > http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:226998
    2. You might have to lower your extrusion temperatures a few degrees, but likely everything will be okay, retest the Z Offset.
    3. Oiler is still a good idea.

3. Ozzie Alarcon

Ozzie Alarcon Member

Retest the Z offset? I don't know what that means.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member