1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just received my printer today :-)!

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Dark09, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Dark09

Dark09 New Member

I received my tracking number last week, but Fedex never updated the information on there site >.< ... But fortunately my father calls me at work and lets me know my printer came in, so i'm pretty ecstatic. I purchased the robo3d back in Febuary 22. So far I've just un-boxed it and clean off some of the visible packing, but tomorrow i'll make sure to blow off any excess debris, and pickup either hair spray or/and glue stick. From what i'm seeing the Robo team already did some of the fixes I was expecting to have to do myself lol. I purchased a better hobbed bolt a few months back, and just installed that thus far.

Looking forward to test printing something in the next few days (hopefully tomorrow after I check over the forum for anything else i'm missing before the first print).

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

check the wires and plugs for any loose connections
    also check the orientationof the z height micro switch on the right side smooth rod the open end shoud be toward the front if you are not sure take a pic of it and make sure we can tell which way is forward and upload it we can tell you

3. Dark09

Dark09 New Member

From what i'm seeing the z-height micro switch is on the right side (if your looking from the front of the printer where the Robo3D Logo is) behind the threaded rod, and open portion of the switch is to the back (where the PSU/power is located). Here's an image below (IMG_0306.JPG).

I skimmed through some of the wireing and it looks fine, but I may check it over again tonight after work.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Attached Files:

4. Taoufik LAMEHAMEDI

Taoufik LAMEHAMEDI New Member

congrats Dark09 ? what was your order# ?

5. Dark09

Dark09 New Member

My order# is 1133.

6. Taoufik LAMEHAMEDI

Taoufik LAMEHAMEDI New Member

thanks Dark09 enjoy urs

7. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

thanks that is reversed yo need to swap that around so the open side is to the front..
    Just an FYI:
    The reason for this is the actual button for the micro switch is located at the closed end and the way it is currently the activation screw (otherwise known as the z height adjustment screw) sits directly over the button and the weight of the x axis assembly part that holds the motor is not heavy enough to activate the switch properly basically you are bypassing the lever action completely. When it is properly oriented the adjustment screw does not contact the button but the end of the lever and does not nearly as much force...a little pressure on the end of the switch translates to alot of pressure on the fulcrum end easily activating the button.

8. Dark09

Dark09 New Member

Ooh, alrighty I'll make sure to flip that around as soon as I get home. Thanks!