1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Kylo Ren speed modeling using Maya

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Khaled.Alkayed3D, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Khaled.Alkayed3D

Khaled.Alkayed3D New Member

Kylo Ren modeling tutorial using Autodesk Maya.
    I've prepared it for 3D printing using Makeprintable which prepares an Obj or Stl file for 3D printing. It ensured that my first print was successful. I've printed on a flash forge FDM printer and then colored in the mask using a marker.

#1 Khaled.Alkayed3D, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Makeprintable is pretty amazing. I had a couple models that were no way printable and they fixed them. Thanks for the video. I downloaded the STL files. Will make a great desk display for my SW buddy.

3. Khaled.Alkayed3D

You're welcome. Exactly, Makeprintable fixes the files pretty well. Glad to hear that you will be printing the model. Once you do, show me pictures of the result :)

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Khaled...totally missed that this was your design as well. My mind is blown by how simple you make this look. How many hours did this take you? Your amazing. Hat is off to you sir.

What did you print yours on? Do you have a Robo3D? I tried bringing this into Cura and my PC came to a halt, but it is old. Once I get my new machine ready I will do it again. What did you use to slice it? S3D? I liked the Star Wars logo on the base, but it isn't on the model I downloaded. I assume that is for legal reasons. Haha.

5. Khaled.Alkayed3D

Yes, I was really worried about them pressing charges and sending me stormtroopers into my work space. The model took me around eight hours to put together. Thanks for your kind words. I printed it on flashboard FDM printer. I used slic3r to chop it up. Once you get your new printer sent me a pic of it in action.

6. reemaj3D

reemaj3D New Member

You did a fantastic job Khaled :)