1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Layer issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bart Herbek, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Bart Herbek

Bart Herbek New Member

On my last few prints the ROBO R1 seems to be skipping layers. I am using Matter Controls, and the programs shows its on layer X but the printer is ending on layer X-1. For example on my last print there were only 64 layers, but the printer stop and said complete on 63, the print before there were 129 layer and the printer ended on layer 128.

I am just not sure where to problem is, as it came out of no where, I have had numerous prints before hand with no issues,

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try another program.

3. Frankn

Frankn Member

There is a setting to skip the first layer. It's called Bottom Clip. You might have accidentally checked it. Frank

4. Bart Herbek

Bart Herbek New Member

I checked that, but its a value not just a box to check. The value for it is set to "0".

5. Travis Deel

Travis Deel New Member

If you are using the latest matter control, try changing to the slic3r engine instead of matter slice under the options tab. It sounds like a loop bounds issue in the matter control software. Computers count from 0 - 9 instead of 1 - 10 like we do, so it is easy to code a mistake like that (it may be that it is printing the correct number of layers, but it is counting the zeroth layer as the first layer and it is printing out as if it were counting starting from 1).
    They may have fixed it in a more recent update if you are running an old version.