1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Layers not sticking

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by shaggy2629, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaggy2629

shaggy2629 New Member

My skirt and layer 1 are perfect, but the infill is poor. Then every layer after that doesn't seem to be sticking to the previous layer. Please see pics for a better visual. The pics show the print through out the stages until I killed the job. It's just a mess. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. STech

STech New Member

What material and conditions??

Just looking at the infill on layer 1 it looks like your extruder flow is too low (not enough material coming out of the nozzle) for the nozzle height.

I would check you temperature first (go up about 5 degrees at a time and see if that helps) I have found the extruder with the stock springs (even with the improved hobbed bolt) is extremely sensitive to viscosity and if your temperature is even a few degrees off the material lay-down is inconsistent at best. Also I would reccomend keeping a log of temperature vs. color, I have seem a range 10-15 degrees in optimum temperature from natural to blue to black to ...etc

3. shaggy2629

shaggy2629 New Member

Thanks for your reply

sorry I should have
    mentioned the material, I'm using PLA.

lucky enough I just so happen to work for a spring manufacturer. I think i'll get some stronger springs make up and see if it helps.

I'll try your suggestions and report back

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Looks like your first layer is too high as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.