1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

limited travel on x axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mike m, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike m

mike m New Member

tonight I started to experience limited travel and very loud noise and vibration when moving along the x axis everything travels freely when power is off. can I safely lube the x axis rods and what should I use?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'm confused, are you seeing it crashing? on my printer the max was set to like 225 or so but in reality mine crashed at 120. I set my x max to 119 and had no issues since

3. mike m

mike m New Member

not crashing. it seems like everything is binding as things move from side to side

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

When it's unpowered you're able to move it freely from side to side, but when you try and move it it doesn't move? Does it sound like the belt is skipping? How tight is your belt?

5. mike m

mike m New Member

I think the belt tension is fine. it didn't look like the pulley was turning when I pressed the x postioning commands. I took the belt off and the pulley still doesn't turn. i'm thinking the motor is bad

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Check your set screws on the pulley as well. Though it's certainly possible you have a bad motor.

7. mike m

mike m New Member

took the belt off, motor still won't spin under power. really annoyed that out went out so quickly. very surprised that robo doesn't have any replacement or upgrade parts available. going to go motor shopping

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

just message them they'll send you one for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.