1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Locating Current Firmware

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jacob Kirsch, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Kirsch

Jacob Kirsch Member

I'd like to add a Full Graphics Controller to my printer, and understand the basic process thanks to the following videos:

However, I'm not sure what firmware I have or how to obtain it in order to make the changes. http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?forums/official-documentation.14/ has a few threads about firmware, but I believe there are variances depending on whether or not your printer has auto-bed-leveling (mine does) and the type of threaded rods in use (I think mine are 5/16"; I read somewhere that if they go to the top of the printer they are 8mm, and if not they are 5/16"). There might even be variances based on the hotend (I have the hexagon). There are likely 4 or more different variants depending on how the printer was built.

I'd like to add this to the wiki, but I need the info in order to do so.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. Jacob Kirsch

Jacob Kirsch Member

Very cool, Mike!

In the interim, what firmware would be used for a 5/16" rod, hexagon heat with auto-bed leveling?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Island Bill

Island Bill Active Member

Mike, I was following the Wiki guide above and mine is the all metal print head. There was no question #4 though. Is that firmware in the quote correct if I have the auto levelling and the all metal hot end?

6. Island Bill

Island Bill Active Member

Never mind Mike, I just tried it and it is. Thanks for the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.